Saturday 8 October 2011 | By: Nicole @ Nicole About TOwn

Rick Riordan Signing!


On Thursday October 6, 2011, ChaptersIndigo @Yorkdale welcomed Rick Riordan for an absolutely epic book signing event.  From the moment this signing was announced, I have had it on my calendar.  It ended up being more than a signing really.  It was an event.  

When I got there at 5:30 pm, the line already had about 300 people waiting.  By the time my friend Melissa got there at about 6:30 pm the line was at about 700 people and it just kept growing.

300 people in front of me

The signing didn't start until 7 pm, and once it got going, it went pretty quickly.  I think I got my books signed and was out of the store by about 8:30 or so.  Rick Riordan was amazing.  He didn't personalize the books, but he spoke to everyone who stepped up in front of him.  He was so zen that it seemed like the crowd didn't even faze him.  He truly was a rockstar that night.  It was amazing to see kids so excited about reading.  Some of them had reactions that reminded me of being at a pop concert.  The kids were absolutely starstruck!

Looking downstarirs on the remaining 500 people waiting

Getting closer!

Only a few people away now!

Quite honestly, I don't think that the signing even ended till about 10 pm.  The store closed at 9, but he signed books for everyone who came out.  So no one went home unhappy.  How awesome is that?

Success!

Thanks to Rick Riordan, ChaptersIndigo (specifically Cammy @indigogreenroom & @IndigoYorkdale) for putting on such an awesome event.  Bonus, I also finally got to meet Chandra from @IndigoTeenBlog!  Of course, we kind of stood infront of each other like dorks before figuring out we were right in front of each other *facepalm*.




1 comments:

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Sounds like such fun!! Isn't it cool when kids see authors as rock stars? I definitely would've loved to come if I was closer to Toronto. I just finished reading 'The Son of Neptune' last night and I thought it was fabulous!! =)

Post a Comment