Sunday 15 May 2011 | By: Nicole @ Nicole About TOwn

In My Mailbox #1: May 8 - 14, 2011

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren

So it's been a pretty busy week for me.  I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing yet.  All in all, it looks like there will be plenty of reviews on this first week of the blog.  Lucky for me that I have already read 3 of the books and just have to write up the reviews.

Here is what I received this week.



The Poet Prince by Kathleen McGowan
The Polished Hoe by Austin Clarke
Angelology by Danielle Trussoni
Incendiary by Chris Cleave
The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
The Library of the Dead by Glen Cooper
Book of Souls by Glen Cooper
The Lincoln Lawyer (Movie Tie-In) by Michael Connelly
Something Borrowed (Movie Tie-In) by Emily Giffin
Water for Elephants (Movie Tie-In) by Sara Gruen
Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky

Books 1-6 seem to be pretty heavy, in terms of subject matter.  Still I think it's a good mix,  but this pile might take me a bit.  Books 7-12 are the lighter reading pile.  Evidenced by the fact that I have already read 3 books out of this pile already.  Yay, me!

As you can see I got few movie tie-in versions of the books.  I did this because they are in mass market paperback format and much easier to carry in my bag and because I really had no interest in these books before I saw the movie previews.  I am one of those people who can't see a movie that is based on a book before I have read the book.  So I picked up the books after seeing and liking the previews for the Lincoln Lawyer, Something Borrowed, and Water for Elephants.  Must resist watching movies until the books are finished.

All of these books were purchased by me.  Good thing I have a full-time job to support my book habit.

Till next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment