Monday 1 August 2011 | By: Nicole @ Nicole About TOwn

Review: Crushed Seraphim

Title: Crushed Seraphim
Author: Debra Anastasia
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: R
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Release Date: May 17, 2011
Pages: 194 pages
Source: Goodreads Firstreads Copy
My Rating: 4*

[Goodreads | Amazon]

How does a foul-mouthed angel end up as the last hope for all of Heaven and Earth?


When Seraph Emma is maimed and tossed from Heaven by a rogue angel who’s taken charge, she fears she’ll never be allowed to return. Tasked with the impossible job of showing the self-loathing (and not even human!) Jason his worth, Emma is sure she’s doomed to fail.


Meanwhile, having wormed his way into Heaven, the corrupt Everett has trapped God in Hell and has designs on unleashing evil everywhere. Fortunately, if there’s one thing Emma can’t do (in addition to minding her language), it’s give up. Determined to save Jason and get back to Heaven—even if it means going to Hell—Emma’s plan is simple yet impossible: trick the Devil to save God.


What she doesn’t count on is the devotion and, well, humanity she finds in Jason; the spirit, hidden compassion, and raw sex appeal within the Devil; and the vulnerability of her own heart. With the help of two unlikely allies, she’ll wage the battle for Heaven. But will Emma be sidetracked by a new sort of heaven along the way?


What’s truly more dangerous? Falling from Heaven, or falling in love?


Debra Anastasia has twisted a fast-paced tale of intimate relationships with literally universal impact. Rich with humor and electrified by attraction, this novel offers a playfully off-beat take on the good and evil that make up the world.

Quotes

 "There is something about me, doll face. It’s between my legs, and I do believe a few minutes ago you were praying to it."

"I’m Emma. I’m here to make you see the meaning of your life.” Her exalted words were totally conquered by her dragging tone and lack of eye contact."

"Okay, God. I forgive You for trusting me. I promise to trust You in return."

 My Thoughts

Debra Anastasia is crazy, but in a good way, and I love her for it!

Really, I don't have any idea where she got the idea for the book in general, let alone the things that happen in the book, but damn, it was quite impressive.

I have been wanting this book for a while and it was one of my first, if not the first, Waiting on Wednesday picks.  I was lucky enough to win a copy through Debra's Goodreads giveaway, and I am so happy that I did.  I could not stop laughing.  While this book and the situations in it were laugh out loud funny it was also hot as hell.

What I love about this book is that the characters were engaging.  I wanted to be Emma.  She was so awesome and down-to-earth.  I loved that she wasn't some damsel in distress waiting to be saved, but was willing to take the bull by the horns and get it done.  I equally loved Satan Jack.  I wanted to keep him for my own so I can see how much naughty bad fun he can get up to!

All in all, I loved the book.  I found it very easy to read and follow along and can't wait for the sequel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment